top of page
  • Writer's pictureNatesh Pillai

CRA-Filing and payment due dates for your 2022 T1-OVP return

You have to file and pay any balance owing on a T1-OVP, 2022 Individual Income Tax Return for RRSP, PRPP and SPP Excess Contributions, on or before March 31, 2023. When you file the return, send documents such as bank statements confirming the dates of contribution(s) and withdrawal(s) reported on lines 1 and 5 in Part A of the chart on page 2 of the return. Please note RRSP receipts and T4RSP slips do not contain this information.

If you'd like the CRA to complete the return(s) for you, send us your authorization and your account transaction statement(s) mentioned above that show the amounts and dates of your contributions and withdrawals for the year(s) in which you have excess contributions.

For details, go to What happens if you go over your RRSP deduction limit

If you cannot pay your balance owing on time, we will accept a payment arrangement only after you have reasonably tried to obtain the necessary funds by borrowing or re-arranging your financial affairs.

If you cannot pay the balance in full, you should contact your tax services office to discuss a mutually acceptable payment arrangement based on your ability to pay. We will still charge daily compound interest on any outstanding balance starting the day after the due date, until you pay it in full.

5 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Employment expenses and credits

Deductions, credits and expenses related to employment Line 21200 – Annual union, professional or like dues Find out which union or professional dues related to your employment income can be deducted

Canada caregiver credit

What is the Canada caregiver credit? Do you support a spouse or common-law partner, or a dependant with a physical or mental impairment? The Canada caregiver credit (CCC) is a non-refundable tax credi

Disability tax credit (DTC)

Applicants can now complete Part A of the DTC application using the new digital form. The disability tax credit (DTC) is a non-refundable tax credit that helps people with disabilities, or their suppo


bottom of page